Radio Free Gunslinger #44: No Wind



Your host for this edition of Radio Free Gunslinger, entitled 'No Wind,' is Daniel Berrigan

The Content

First Sequence:
Lou Johnson - (There's) Always Something There to Remind Me
Andrea Carroll - It Hurts to Be Sixteen
Bobby Pedrick - My Private Joy
The V.I.P's - Flashback
The Shades - Sun Glasses

Second Sequence:
Frank Howard - Judy
The Avons - Since I Met You, Baby
Marion James - That's My Man
Jerry Washington - Set Your Soul On Fire
The Kelly Brothers - Crystal Blue Persuasion

Third Sequence:
Wynonie Harris - Good Morning, Judge
Lonnie Johnson - Pleasing You (As Long as I Live)
Little Willie John - Sleep
Billy Gayles - I'm Tore Up
The Charms - Hearts of Stone

Fourth Sequence:
The Slades - You Mean Everything to Me
Ray Campi - With You
Rod McCullough - My Lonely Night
Joyce Harris - Do You Know What It's Like to Be Lonesome?
The Daylighters - Something is Wrong

Summation:
Diana Ross & The Supremes - Ain't No Mountain High Enough (LP version)

1 comment:

Robert Fiore said...

In honor of the first season (should it ever indeed end), presented chronologically, is my personal Gunslinger's Greatest Hits, the things that jumped out at me, through episode 38 (I'm rationing them in view of the coming hiatus):

Harper's Bizarre - The Biggest Night of Her Life
The Fisk Jubilee Singers - My Lord is Writing All the Time
Dean Martin - The Tracks of My Tears
The Georgia Crackers - Riley the Furniture Man
Jessica Mitford & Maya Angelou - Right, Said Fred
Gil Scott Heron - Home is Where the Hatred Is
Don Costa - Punky's Dilemma
The Frugal Sound - Back Street Girl
Allen Ginsberg - Vomit Express
Noël Coward - Matelot (live)
Balot - April, Come She Will
Thelma Carpenter - Diga Diga Do
Lew Stone & The Monseigneur Band (Al Bowly, voc.) - You Couldn't Be Cuter
Sammy Davis, Jr. - The Rhythm of Life
Ástor Piazzolla y su Orquesta Típica - Se fue sin decirme adiós
Sam Butera & The Witnesses - I Love Paris


Favorite Episode: Collection!
Favorite Host: Moms Mabley