The Explanation
(for those who require one)

And, of course, that is what all of this is -- all of this: the one song, ever changing, ever reincarnated, that speaks somehow from and to and for that which is ineffable within us and without us, that is both prayer and deliverance, folly and wisdom, that inspires us to dance or smile or simply to go on, senselessly, incomprehensibly, beatifically, in the face of mortality and the truth that our lives are more ill-writ, ill-rhymed and fleeting than any song, except perhaps those songs -- that song, endlesly reincarnated -- born of that truth, be it the moon and June of that truth, or the wordless blue moan, or the rotgut or the elegant poetry of it. That nameless black-hulled ship of Ulysses, that long black train, that Terraplane, that mystery train, that Rocket '88', that Buick 6 -- same journey, same miracle, same end and endlessness."
-- Nick Tosches, Where Dead Voices Gather

The Spook Racket #1


Spiritualist Medium

4 comments :

Ann Oneemous said...

Mr. Ricculto -- I suspect that you're designing an excellent blog.

Unfortunately, you're designing it on this blog.

While it wouldn't do to have this site remain static,
it also wouldn't do to have it morph into a completely different site.

Any chance you have anything to contribute to one of the existing lines, or will you feel compelled only to give birth to your own visions?

Tom Sutpen said...

Excuse me, but I not only approve of what Daniel is doing here; I not only encourage my co-conspirators to come up with new series' . . . but . . . these posts are, in my opinion (and I founded this blog over eight years ago), fully consistent with the character of this enterprise.

Ann Oneemous said...

Then I must defer to management, and hope that I come to see the consistency.

Good day, gentlemen.


May I add that I was sincere. I suspect that the new series would build into an admirable site. I also suspect that I'd like you boys to get off my lawn.

Brett Loudermilk said...

Do you have any further information on this photograph? I'm trying to find it's source.

Thanks,

Brett.