The Explanation
(for those who require one)

And, of course, that is what all of this is -- all of this: the one song, ever changing, ever reincarnated, that speaks somehow from and to and for that which is ineffable within us and without us, that is both prayer and deliverance, folly and wisdom, that inspires us to dance or smile or simply to go on, senselessly, incomprehensibly, beatifically, in the face of mortality and the truth that our lives are more ill-writ, ill-rhymed and fleeting than any song, except perhaps those songs -- that song, endlesly reincarnated -- born of that truth, be it the moon and June of that truth, or the wordless blue moan, or the rotgut or the elegant poetry of it. That nameless black-hulled ship of Ulysses, that long black train, that Terraplane, that mystery train, that Rocket '88', that Buick 6 -- same journey, same miracle, same end and endlessness."
-- Nick Tosches, Where Dead Voices Gather

An Apology

A quick, yet wholly sincere apology to those who tried to visit this blog over the last hour or more, only to be met with a log-in screen. I took the blog down for a bit longer than I'd planned while I was making the magic that you see before you (ugh!). There are, unfortunately, a few elements I'd like to add to this template (image borders primarily), but with my HTML/XML skills, it's going to take me, I suspect, a long, long time before I'm able to figure it out.

19 comments :

Slick said...

I do this stuff for a living if you need some help. ncairo.chandler@gmail.com

Timmy said...

Never appologize for advancements. Only be sorry for not trying. This new look, I like it!

michaelE said...

Never apologize. It's a sign of weakness.
- Capt. Nathan Brittles

marklunn said...

looks great!

dubinna-merchant said...

No worries - I totally love your site! As a very tail-end baby-boomer, your site to me, with its view-point(s) and aesthetics, is the most relevant, comforting, and life-affirming thing on the web --

Long may you run!

Tom McMahon said...

A TV screen in the old Mad Magazine: "The problem is not with the network, nor is it with the station. PLEASE ADJUST YOUR SET"

I think our browsers were on the fritz there for a minute . .

Fabian said...

God, I love this blog so freakin' much.

That is all.

Vanwall said...

Looks great! Well done!

tristan said...

nice try

well worth the effort

jpesce said...

to add border to the images just add to your CSS:

img { border: 10px solid white; }

(tweak the settings according to your taste :))

nancy =) said...

oh good lawd you scared me...please let me be in the club should you ever decide to go private...thank you, i love it here...

nancy =) said...

ps...nice job on the re-decorating...

Bukowski's Basement said...

Great new template. Love your blog... I love the vibe.

Tommy said...

Hey, the new look is very nice. So it's all good.

Zoe said...

it looks good :D
this blog rules.

feb said...

I like the new look of the blog and it's still a pleasure to read it every day...good job !

feb from France

David T. Macknet said...

Well done!

And, yeah, you need to learn from the IT people: "Problem? What problem? Oh, you mean the necessary maintenance? That wasn't a problem!"

marietta said...

Nice new layout,clearly laid out,best for all time in future,like it.

Bill Térébenthine said...

Best blog forever