The Explanation
(for those who require one)

And, of course, that is what all of this is -- all of this: the one song, ever changing, ever reincarnated, that speaks somehow from and to and for that which is ineffable within us and without us, that is both prayer and deliverance, folly and wisdom, that inspires us to dance or smile or simply to go on, senselessly, incomprehensibly, beatifically, in the face of mortality and the truth that our lives are more ill-writ, ill-rhymed and fleeting than any song, except perhaps those songs -- that song, endlesly reincarnated -- born of that truth, be it the moon and June of that truth, or the wordless blue moan, or the rotgut or the elegant poetry of it. That nameless black-hulled ship of Ulysses, that long black train, that Terraplane, that mystery train, that Rocket '88', that Buick 6 -- same journey, same miracle, same end and endlessness."
-- Nick Tosches, Where Dead Voices Gather

Mop Tops in Action #11


Paul waves from the back of his ride

7 comments :

swac said...

Taken shortly before he blew his mind out in a car.

Rhys Ziemba said...

I constantly think to myself "If only I could have lived in Los Angeles in the 1930's or in the Paris of the 1920's, etc." Then I routinely remember that that would make me old and probably dead, and I quickly recant and feel happy to be me again. However, looking at this series has made me realize I would trade my life for that of any of the Beatles (even the dead ones).

Vanwall said...

He didn't notice that the lights had changed.

Geoff said...

Were just busy ridin', sitting the back seat of my car

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

he's found a driver and that's a start

Tommy O'C said...

Beep beep'm beep beep yeah

F.G. Marshall-Stacks said...

Today, he is calling his finance and legal depts to start negotiations with whomever is inheriting the half of The Beatles Catalog that isn't owned by Sony Corpn Japan.
(I dont need to remind readers here that the mad Japs locked Paul and Linda up,

"WINGS Tour Japan 1981 - Cancelled"

separating them for the only time in their marriage. I just know he doesn't even eat sushi on account of that)