Sir Clement Freud dies at 84
They Were Collaborators # 565


Sir Clement Freud; Broadcaster, politician, chef, writer, seen here top left amongst L to R, Ian Messiter (creator of 'Just a Minute') and the original participants, Derek Nimmo, Kenneth Williams and long time host Nicholas Parsons has died today at 84 years old. If you don't know who he is read about him here. 'Just a Minute' is still one of the best shows on Radio here in the UK and he will be sorely missed by many listeners.

Read this from The Times.

7 comments:

swac said...

I'm more of an I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue fan ("the antidote to panel games" which made fun of JaM relentlessly, especially Parsons) but I've certainly enjoyed the occasional episode (and have dozens of mp3s I've yet to listen to).

But I have a road trip coming up, good opportunity for a JaM marathon. Thanks for the update, Richard!

Fred said...

Am I just imaging things, or was he one of the featured guests (along with Christopher Lee) on the cover of Band on the Run?

East Side said...

He was on the old Dick Cavett show frequently in the '70s; absolutely the wittiest guest ever. Always looked forward to his appearances.

Richard said...

Yes, he and Christopher Lee featured on the sleeve of Band On The Run, along with Michael Parkinson, John Conteh, Kenny Lynch and James Coburn. Plus Paul & Linda.

swac said...

Don't forget the guitarist...Denny Laine is in my ears and in my eyes...

Kreisler said...

Really needs Peter Jones to be the classic line up

Fred said...

That's what I love about this blog. You ask a question and you get the correct answer every time! Thanks.