Annals of Crime #24


Original Caption:

Accused Murderers With Their Attorney

New York -- Martha Beck and Raymond Fernandez look as happy here as if they were merely attempting to induce the man in center to accompany them on a picnic. Actually the chap in center is their attorney, Herbert S. Rosenberg. He is defending the two, known as the "Lonely Hearts" killers in their trial for murder in Bronx County Court. Mr. Rosenberg is particular about jury selection, dropping frequent hints that part of the testimony may bear a distinct resemblance to excerpts from the Kinsey Report. (1949)

4 comments:

Howard said...

I've read about the crime, but I didn't even recognize them in this photograph.

After reading the caption, it's really hard to look at the picture without visualizing a ball-peen hammer.

Testify said...

These are The Honeymoon Killers right? I've only seen that movie once but it sure lingers. i think of it as a lost favourite.

swac said...

I have a great original insert poster for Honeymoon Killers. It's so lurid and pink I'm afraid to put it on my wall.

Peter Nellhaus said...

Wow. Just a couple of days ago I saw the Arturo Ripstein version, Deep Crimson.