Housekeeping Matter #18:
'Musical Indulgence' Massacre

It is with a heavy heart that I inform our visitors that a complaint from, of all entities, the National Broadcasting Company, has caused the not-so-good people at YouTube to remove the video of Elvis Costello and The Attractions that constituted Musical Indulgence #2; thereby causing me to delete the entry. Copyright problems, I'm told; and since YouTube would never countenance the uploading of copyrighted materials, they saw fit to lower the hammer on poor Tom (and I thought they had their hands full with this idiotic 'lonelygirl15' scandal).

I'm not sure what this spells for future entries in this series (I think I'm pretty safe as far as Movie of the Week goes), but we'll think of something.

We always does.

5 comments:

Jessica R. said...

NBC is the only company who goes after You Tube with any regularity so you should be safe. That Nilsson clip was wonderful.

Mike D said...

thats a shame - and utterly pointless from their behalf. ah well, onwards and upwards

trish said...

Lousy NBC.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm glad I got to see the clip before it had to be removed. I still don't see what the big deal is. That Nilsson clip was the cats pajamas.

swac said...

NBC is very sensitive about SNL clips on YouTube, as they often plant recent material on the site themselves to plug the current edition of the program, and clamp down on older clips posted by YouTube users which remind people of when it was actually watchable.