(Major) Housekeeping Matter #17:
Welcome Aboard, Richard Gibson!

Yes, fans.

That means we have a new member among us.

Now, I know what you're thinking: This tall ship of bloggery, this HMS If Charlie Parker Was a Gunslinger . . . sails of a tranquil sea with two hands at the wheel (or however this metaphor would have been phrased in the 18th century), what profit is rendered unto its voyage by adding a third?

Ye land-lubbers; ye atheists, fools and madmen!

What profit, you ask? Plenty!

For quite a while now, I've been getting series suggestions, along with news items of vast obscurity here in the US, from my friend and fellow blogger Richard Gibson; already sole owner and operator of two outstanding blogs, Film Stuff and Richard Gibson Photographs; both of which are, I will testify, equivalent efforts to the work of myself and Signor Cooke at this here establishment. As I say, I've gotten so many good suggestions from Richard over the last year or more that I thought it best to slice out the middle man (which would be myself, I guess), consult A Man Named Cooke (who has endorsed this addition with much enthusiasm), and formally ask him to come on board the good ship Charlie Parker as at least a part-time contributor. And he has honored us by his consent.

Richard will be posting occasional news items and material with a decidedly UK spin (though not always). I've also told him to feel free to contribue entries to whatever ongoing series' he sees fit to chime in on. None of this means he'll be abandoning his other blogs, nor does it mean an impending decline in the attentions of the other personnel; it just means he'll be lending his talents to this blog.

And I, for one, am extraordinarily grateful.

4 comments:

swac said...

Huzzah!

Jeff Duncanson said...

1st, the US...then Canada...now Britain.....It seems to me that you have world domination in mind.

Vanwall said...

An excellent addition!

BCNU

Professor Batty said...

...the more the merrier!