The Explanation
(for those who require one)

And, of course, that is what all of this is -- all of this: the one song, ever changing, ever reincarnated, that speaks somehow from and to and for that which is ineffable within us and without us, that is both prayer and deliverance, folly and wisdom, that inspires us to dance or smile or simply to go on, senselessly, incomprehensibly, beatifically, in the face of mortality and the truth that our lives are more ill-writ, ill-rhymed and fleeting than any song, except perhaps those songs -- that song, endlesly reincarnated -- born of that truth, be it the moon and June of that truth, or the wordless blue moan, or the rotgut or the elegant poetry of it. That nameless black-hulled ship of Ulysses, that long black train, that Terraplane, that mystery train, that Rocket '88', that Buick 6 -- same journey, same miracle, same end and endlessness."
-- Nick Tosches, Where Dead Voices Gather

The Art of Anarchism #3


Class War
(June, 1985)

3 comments :

Vanwall said...

1985:
Soon, the lackeys and bootlickers of the Great Corporate Greed Machine will cower in their lairs! The true inheritors of the Earth, the ones like us, willing to stomp the guts out of every pram-rolling ritch-bitch and eviscerate their lickspittle spouses across the hoods of their Cadillacs - we, the stinking hoi-polloi, will rise from our shackles and Bash the Rich!

2006:
Hey! You - yeah, you, ya filthy punk - stop peeing on my lawn! get a job like everyone else, ya Bum! Don't flip me off, loser, I've been where you are, and I found my way up - up and out! Every seen the exit end of an AK, asshole!?!Stupid piece of shit, I swear to God, honey, I'd've shot that SOB if he'd taken one step towards the Bentley... or the kids. He better not mess with me, man, I can stomp his guts out. Yeah, yeah, I know, don't get excited over little things, it's bad for my hypertension, but that kid, he just pissed me off, where's his respect? Anyway I scared his raggedy ass off - Ha! Honey, gimme a shotta Stoli, I don't care what that quack sez. Nobody messes with my home and I don't say somethin'.

Tom Sutpen said...

Beautifully put, Rob. Though I made somewhat the opposite journey (a consequence of having a left-leaning youth . . . rebellion will out).

john y? said...

haha!i remember buying that issue,no war but the class war!