Night Stalker Stalks Again


Darren McGavin as paranormal reporter Carl Kolchak.

According to the folks at tvshowsondvd.com, the great '70s mystery adventure (and often supernatural) series Kolchak: The Night Stalker will finally see the light of day on DVD in October. Now I'm not going to say that reporter Carl Kolchak was a major influence on me as far as my going into the newspaper business is concerned, but McGavin played him with a rare blend of verve and sweetness that always appealed to me. I saw the show in its initial run, I was really too young to watch it, but saw enough to give me nightmare fuel for months on end.

3 comments:

Rob said...

I, too, loved this show! McGavin is marvelous in this one. Very ahead of its time in its kinda quirky way, with an odd winking at itself.

BCNU

frank said...

When I was a kid he was one of my biggest heros. I live in Argentina but I'll do whatever to get that DVD

Brooklyn Blowhard said...

This was one of my all time faves, and one of the few shows that had some scary moments.