The Explanation
(for those who require one)

And, of course, that is what all of this is -- all of this: the one song, ever changing, ever reincarnated, that speaks somehow from and to and for that which is ineffable within us and without us, that is both prayer and deliverance, folly and wisdom, that inspires us to dance or smile or simply to go on, senselessly, incomprehensibly, beatifically, in the face of mortality and the truth that our lives are more ill-writ, ill-rhymed and fleeting than any song, except perhaps those songs -- that song, endlesly reincarnated -- born of that truth, be it the moon and June of that truth, or the wordless blue moan, or the rotgut or the elegant poetry of it. That nameless black-hulled ship of Ulysses, that long black train, that Terraplane, that mystery train, that Rocket '88', that Buick 6 -- same journey, same miracle, same end and endlessness."
-- Nick Tosches, Where Dead Voices Gather

Housekeeping Matter #13:
Tom's Apology

I just wanted to take this opportunity to apologize to our regular visitors for the absence of new content in the last few weeks. I truly haven't had the time to update the blog as frequently as I'd like; mostly because of (gag) writing commitments that have consumed virtually all of my free time. Since this is probably going to continue for the next few weeks, I felt it necessary to express my regret.

This doesn't mean I won't be doing updates. I will (and Stephen'll still be working his magic). I just might not be able to do it every day, thassall.

Tom Sutpen

4 comments :

Rob said...

Slacker! ;-)

Seriously, I do miss the little additions, but I figured you were prolly busy in the real world. Do keep up the good work here, tho - and don't burn out good Stephen.

BCNU

Brooklyn Blowhard said...

It's still one of the best blogs I know of, and it's a must see whenever I'm online. Keep up the good work!

Gary

Tom Sutpen said...

Thanks, guys.

Again, I'm not gonna stop updating the thing. It's just that, until I get this literary 'bete noir' off my plate there might be periods in the next month or so of 2-3 days without anything new from me. Stephen, of course, will continue to do his thing regardless.

swac said...

Well, if anyone's been slack, its been me...but it's been a pretty intense few weeks at work, with upwards of three stories a day I have to write, plus movie and concert reviews, and I'm trying to have a social life in the midst of all this...and well, you get the picture. But I think it's time to knuckle down and boost my efforts. What this blog needs is plenty of Moxie!