Stacks o' Wax #2


Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf, Orchestral Fairy Tale for Children Narrated by Captain Kangaroo (Bob Keeshan) (Everest Records, 1960)
"Sergei Prokofiev wrote 'Peter and the Wolf' for all the children of the world--for French and Russian and Swedish and Spanish children, and many more. Thanks to his music, the cat and duck and Grandfather can be understood by everyone, no matter what language they speak. When Peter and the animals come to life in the orchestra, it's like watching a magician. I heard them first when I was young, and they've remained my friends ever since. I'm certain you'll enjoy them as much as I have.
Yours sincerely,
Captain Kangaroo"

1 comment:

swac said...

Picked this up for a buck at a weekend flea market, along with an LP by Welcome Back Kotter's Lawrence Hilton Jacobs. I went with this cover, way more interesting. That thing on his head looks like Flub-A-Dub from Howdy Doody (which is interesting since Keeshan was also Clarabelle the Clown for a while there).